Our goal is to create a learning environment that is:
- Authentic, supportive, cooperative, building on the students’ own knowledge and interests. Students can identify their own needs and goals and construct their own knowledge through creativity and inquiry.
- Engaging and interesting, where students learn through speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- Enjoyable and interactive.
Students in Kalimat will learn how to:
- Interact with each other and native speakers.
- Assume ownership of their learning.
- Participate successfully in a warm social environment.
Teaching methods vary according to students’ needs and the language being taught. Communication is stressed and attention is given to all the four skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening. Kalimat believes that learning should be enjoyable and interactive.